An avalanche safety course tailored to your needs
What will you learn from our avalanche safety course?
Do you have trouble making sense of the avalanche report? Want more skills to assess the lines you want to ride? Would you like to improve your decision-making processes and increase your level of safety when alpine climbing or ski touring?
If the answer to any of the above questions is yes, we can tailor an avalanche safety course to improve your skills and gain confidence in assessing the avalanche danger and terrain.
We can help you:
- learn to understand the avalanche report and the key information it contains
- assess weather, the snowpack how the terrain influences the likelihood and seriousness of avalanches
- have different tools to manage your team as they travel through avalanche exposed terrain
- develop your understanding of the changes in the snowpack through the winter months into spring, including increased hazard or encouraging trends
Maximise your chances
Attend one of our avalanche safety courses, tailored to meet your needs, and you will:
- learn cutting edge and up to date techniques for snowpack assessment, plus
- get up to date on transceiver searching and shovelling
to maximise your chance of a successful outcome in the case of an avalanche accident.
Broad experience in avalanche safety
Your instructor has a unique insight into the challenges of managing avalanche hazard in the mountains, especially in winter or after summer snowstorms
Tim has worked throughout various regions of New Zealand for six seasons as a heli-ski guide. He has guided ski and snowboard touring and mountaineering in Nepal, Canada, plus five winters in the European Alps.
Why not combine this with one of our trips?
An avalanche safety course could also be combined with ski touring, ski / snowboard mountaineering or other alpine skills over several days. Then you can see real decisions being made in the mountains while you are there, rather than in a classroom setting.